Dr. No (1962) Bloopers
Bloopers are mistakes that happened in production of a film. Most of them you can notice just by watching the film. Here are the ones that happened when filming Dr. No (1962) (they are shown in order of occurrace):
- When you see a black car pull away (with the assassins), reflected in the windows of the car are the camera lights.
- When James lights his cigarette and Sylvia asks to raise the stakes, he first has removed the cigarette from his mouth and placed his hand on the shoe, but when he says "I have no objection," he is just taking it out of his mouth. The camera cuts to his back, and his hand is back on the shoe.
- When Bond enters Moneypenny's office, he hangs his hat so that it's facing the door. After his meeting with M, his hat is now facing the other way.
- In M's office you can clearly see a boom light reflecting off a painting above the mantlepiece.
- When Bond realizes a villain has picked him up from the airport, they fight. At one point, Bond picks him up with his left hand, and cocks back his right fist to hit him. He then hits him with the left hand!
- In the film, Bond was issued the Walther PPK, but hardly ever used for the rest of the film. If you look at that scene where he is in Miss Tauro's house and putting the silencer on his pistol, it's not the PPK, but looks more like a Browning 1910 or 1922 automatic.
- When Bond is on Crab Key with Honey and Quarrel, the gun he's got with him appears to be the PP instead of the PPK that "M" ordered him to use (check the scene on the beach when he's assuring them both that there are no dragons there).
- Bond has set some traps in his hotel room before he goes to meet with Felix Leiter and the others. He's wearing a light-colored suit. He goes home to the hotel by cab that night, and from that scene it directly cuts to the one where he's asking Professor Dent about Strangways' samples. Bond is now wearing a dark-colored suit. He must have made a change of clothes before he went to Professor Dent, but he doesn't check his traps until he came back from the Professor. (To make a change of clothes he must have been in the closet and one of his traps was set there).
- One of Bond's traps in his room is his briefcase; he puts talcum powder on it. When he is done he sets the case down on the right side of the table. To the left is a mirror and by the mirror is an assortment of perfume bottles and a shaving bag. When he returns, the contents on the table are reversed exactly, and the perfume bottles are replaced by a magazine.
- When you see Bond in his hotel room for the first time, there are two bottles on the table, a clear one and a green one. When he re-enters the room and checks his traps, the green bottle has disappeared. Bond takes a bottle from a drawer but that also is clear so what happened to the green one?
- The LaSalle car that goes fluing into the ridge is clearly a different car. LaSalles, specifically the '39 model are very distinctive, with the headlights fixed to either side of the grille. The car which goes over the side has the headlamp bezels built in to the fenders.
- When Bond finally reach Miss Tauro's house and she opens the door for him, all the shutters on the door are at the same angle. As Bond steps in, one of the shutters has changed it's position
- When Miss Tauro describes the way to her apartment she gives Bond the following address: '239 Magenta Drive'. Later, when Bond calls for a taxi, he gives the address '2171 Magenta Drive'.
- When Bond is waiting for Professor Dent at Miss Tauros house his tie disappears for a short while when he attaches the silencer to his gun.
- Before Bond kills Professor Dent in Miss Tauro's house, he smokes a cigarette. While he's doing this, you can see that his black socks changes from short to long. This happens when the camera cuts between Bond and Professor Dent.
- When Bond, Honey and Quarrel are hiding from the patrol-boat on Crab Key, the guards voice, which is telling them to come out on the beach, is still amplified when he doesn´t use the megaphone.
- When Bond, Quarrel and Honey are on Crab Key, Quarrel calls the two others to show them the "dragon trail". Bond's and Honey's clothes suddenly become perfectly dry after they've just left the water.
- Bond, Honey and Quarrel are hiding under the water when the guards arrive. They are not noticed, but one guard comes later than the others. Bond stabs him in the back and leaves him in the water, but there is no blood!
- When Dr. No crushes the gold Buddha statue at the dinner table with his hands, it falls off the table onto the floor. However, when a wider camera angle is shown, right before the guard takes Bond to the elevator, the gold statue is back on the table.
- In the end, when Bond takes Chang's place, he turns the radiation level up to 40-45. When he's fighting Dr. No up on the walkway, it goes down to 30, but no one has touched the wheel!
- At the very end, when Bond and Honey are in the rowboat together you can see that one is on the left side of the other. However, in the next shot they have reversed positions.
- Lastly, at the end of the film when Bond and Honey are rescued in the small boat, Felix walks greets them. What is strange though, is that there is no mention about where Quarrel is, even though that Quarrel and Felix were good friends.
Information compiled by those at MovieMistakes.com