From Russia with Love (1963) Bloopers
Bloopers are mistakes that happened in production of a film. Most of them you can notice just by watching the film. Here are the ones that happened when filming From Russia with Love (1963) (they are shown in order of occurrace):
- When Tatiana enters Klebb's apartment in Istanbul and Klebb closes the door you can see someone's hand pulling back the door, from the outside, to keep it shut.
- When Klebb first arrives on SPECTRE Island by helicopter, the dialogue for the entire sequence has been redubbed - possibly to correct faults caused by the noise of the helicopter engine. However, watch everyone's lips! After Klebb says "Where is he now?", Morzeny's henchman says "At the lake", but his lips actually say "At the pool". A few seconds later, Klebb says "Take me to the lake", but again, her lips actually say "Take me to the pool". Morzeny then points and says "Through the training area", but his lips say something else!
- Bond is in the bathroom of his hotel suite, he opens the bathtub tap to have a bath. He's then disturbed by a noise, which turns out to be Tatiana Romanova entering his bed. However, he never turns off the tap, so where did all the water go?
- When Tatiana and Bond first meet, Tatiana is looking for Bonds scar on his left lower back. That scar first appears in the bedroom. Bond does not have the scar when he is taking off his shirt to have a bath!
- When we see the Bulgar tailing Tatiana to the St. Sophia Mosque, he is wearing pretty much the same outfit he has worn throughout the movie, a black shirt with a white tie and a gray/brown blazer. However, once inside the mosque, he is wearing an off-white knitted vest over his black shirt and white tie.
- The gypsy girl in the green top changes hairstyle from when she's taking off the scarf until she ties it around her hip and starts fighting.
- When Bond, Kerim and Tatiana have located their train compartments they step inside. When coming inside a white handkerchief appears in Bond's breast pocket and disappears again when he steps outside to talk to Kerim.
- In the scene where Bond meets one of the Kerim's sons at the Zagreb train station, we see the son waiting on the platform. We see his white handkerchief in the right pocket of his suit but when he meets Bond, it has changed sides to his left pocket.
- In the fight scene between Grant and Bond, Bond lets a kick fly with his right foot, which magically turns into his left as the scene cuts.
- Bond injures his right hand during his fight with Grant on the train. He has blood on his hand when Grant tries to strangle him with his garotte-watch but when Bond takes the knife from the attaché case his hand is clean. Directly after that, it's bloody again.
- The flower truck, that we see Bond and Tatiana getting into after they sneak off the train, is not the same one they are in when attacked by the helicopter in the next scene. Notice that a couple of fairly large wing mirrors seem to have "grown" on the side of the truck, a couple of fairly large words appear on the left door and the bonnet has changed shape.
- When Bond, Tatiana and a "hostage" are driving in the yellow truck they get caught by a helicopter that throws hand grenades on them. When one grenade hits just beside the truck, the windshield gets dirty with mud and it gets very sooty. After Bond has taken care of the helicopter they keep on going and when they get to the motorboat the windshield is clean!
- During the helicopter chase scene, while Bond is running, he pulls out his sniper's rifle. At first, the Lektor is in his right hand and the rifle is in his left. However, as different views of Bond are seen, the Lektor appears in his left hand and the rifle in the right. They also switch back and forth several times as Bond runs and dodges the helicopter.
- When Bond and Tatiana are leaving the flower truck to go to the boat, Bond tells her to cast the rope off. She says "All right" but her lips never move.
- As Tatiana removes the charts and flare pistol from the powerboat's locker, she places the pistol in the center of the console in front of them, the barrel pointing in Bond's direction. In the next two camera shots from the front of the boat, the pistol is on the right side of the dash with the barrel pointing in Tatiana's direction. In the fourth shot from the back of the boat, the pistol can again be seen in the center pointing toward Bond.
- In the scene with Blofeld talking to Klebb and Kronsteen at the end, the SPECTRE master's ring appears first on the right hand, then on the left and then on the right again.
Information compiled by those at MovieMistakes.com