Thunderball (1965) Bloopers
Bloopers are mistakes that happened in production of a film. Most of them you can notice just by watching the film. Here are the ones that happened when filming Thunderball (1965) (they are shown in order of occurrace):
- When Bond is at Shrublands, he's checking out his neighbour's room (the bandaged man). He hears the door open and hides behind the door. His right hand reaches into his pocket for his gun. When the bandaged man opens the door a little more Bond's hand is by his side and in the next scene it's in his pocket again.
- Bond enters a room and on the door it says "Massage". In there he finds Lippe and takes revenge for the incident on "The Rack". When he leaves the room again, it says on the door "Sitz Bath & Heat Treatment".
- Count Lippe's towel around his neck during his steambath changes colour from white to blue.
- When Count Lippe, Fiona Volpe and Derval's double kill the real major Derval his eyes are wide open when he falls to the floor. But when Fiona wraps the gauze bandage around his face his eyes are closed. Later, when Bond finds him and unwraps his face, the eyes are open again!
- When he finds Major Derval's body and unwraps his face, Bond has short sleeves. However, if you look at his arms in the close-ups when he unwraps Major Derval's face, he has long sleeves.
- When Bond is leaving Shrublands in his Aston Martin he is followed by Count Lippe in his 1957 Ford. You can notice that Lippe's car when leaving has shiny hubcaps and a large front license plate. When Lippe catches up with Bond there is no front license plate. However, the plate is back on when the car is blown up but then the hubcaps are missing.
- When Major Derval steps up to the co-pilots seat and sits down you can clearly see him wearing an orange life preserver and strapping on the white four-point safety harness. However, when he removes the gamma gas from his pocket the safety harness is missing but is back in place in the next scene.
- Bond makes his initial contact with Domino while snorkeling in the Bahamas. When Bond is talking to Domino after she has climbed into her boat his scuba fins have disappeared. Later, when he swims to his own boat, he has them on again.
- Bond and Leiter are watching Largo's villa and they are looking at his shark collection. In this scene, Bond's parting switches from the left, to the right side of his head.
- Following the above, Bond's watch switches wrists, from left to right, along with his hair.
- When Bond discovers Fiona in "his" bathroom he stops in the doorway but then takes a step inside. However, when Fiona asks him for something to put on, he's standing in the doorway again, and then walks into the bathroom.
- At the carnival, Bond manages to escape from Vargas and Fiona Volpe but he gets shot in his right leg. In the next scene, he is bloody on the left leg and the next one after that it's the right leg again. This continues for a while and finally, when he goes to the restroom at the nightclub Kiss Kiss to clean himself up, he washes and bandages the left leg!
- In the scene where Bond and Leiter are looking for the plane and Bond is diving for it, Leiter first wears a pair of shorts and when Bond goes in the water Leiter has long black pants. The same change happens when Bond comes up again.
- When Bond finds the plane in the water and takes off Angelo's watch and identification, you can see a watch on Bond's left arm. Bond didn't have a watch when he went down and he doesn't have one when he gets up.
- Bond and Leiter have just discovered the plane in the Golden Grotto and Bond takes the necklace and watch of Major Derval. First you see Bond coming up and passing both objects to Leiter with his right hand. Then he catches the skid of the helicopter with his open right hand. Seconds later however, Bond drops these objects from his right hand in his left hand without Leiter giving the things back to him.
- In the last diving scene with Bond and Domino, Domino steps on an egg spine with her right foot. When Bond takes out the spine, he does it from her left foot.
- Bond swims to check out the bridge that Domino told him about. He's wearing pink/red swimming trunks. When he steps out of the water the swimming trunks are obviously wet. But when he crosses the road after the guys in the truck leave and finds the scuba gear on the other side, his swimming trunks are dry.
- In the underwater fighting scenes in the end, Bond joins the rest of the force underwater to stop Largo from planting the nuclear missile. He helps a couple of his own people and then he spots Largo and they have a short fight. Largo manages to rip Bond's goggles off, and then Largo escapes. Bond takes the nearest goggles he can find and they happen to be black. The previous ones were blue. He puts them on and follows Largo. In the next scene he has his blue glasses on again.
- Largo's stuntman in the underwater fighting scenes has blond hair, but the original Largo, played by Adolfo Celi, has white/grey hair.
- In the end fight, the captain's hat is knocked off. But when you see him attacking Bond a second time his hat is still on and gets knocked off again.
Information compiled by those at MovieMistakes.com