View Single Post
Old Jan 28th, 2005, 03:22 AM   #13
Peter Franks
Spy

Gameroom Cash: $250
Peter Franks is an elite Bond informant.Peter Franks is an elite Bond informant.Peter Franks is an elite Bond informant.Peter Franks is an elite Bond informant.
Quote:
Connery and Dalton are the BEST Bond: dark and serious.
Connery was never dark and serious, he played 007 as an impersonal and cold secret agent, doing his job while indulging in the pleasures of women, game and drinks.
And I suppose you haven't seen both YOLT and DAF, were his Bond begins to become comical and cartoony. And I won’t even talk about NSNA!

He is the definitive Bond in my Book, but never dark or serious, just a cool and dangerous gentleman secret agent.

Now Dalton, he was hard edge and Dark, a haunted soul, and his business was gritty and violent. Very cool, such a shame he didn't make a third, but now he is old, he still looks quite good , but he has lost his edge, he can't be menacing anymore, as I've seen in his last performances...

You just can't be serious and think that EON would consider for a second getting a 007 actor that is older than Brosnan, and who wasn't very popular with the public to begin with!

Quote:
Brosnan doesn't even know how to act comedy right. That's why he looked as an idot in the role.
Brosnan did amazingly well as 007, he never looked like an idiot in the role, and he handled the humor in a normal way; charming, but never over the top, as sometimes the Moore films went, and Connery's Diamonds Are Forever.
Peter Franks is offline   Reply With Quote