Contact | Message Board | Bond Store | Site Map | Search

Welcome to the BondMovies.com Message Board!

You are currently viewing the board as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Go Back   BondMovies.com Message Board > Bond Discussions > Movie Discussion
Register FAQ Members List CalendarGameroom Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Want to get rid of the ads? Register for free!

Renny Harlin turned down GoldenEye

Old Feb 7th, 2012, 06:30 AM   #1
pegsman
aka Redman

Gameroom Cash: $61745
pegsman is an elite Bond informant.pegsman is an elite Bond informant.pegsman is an elite Bond informant.pegsman is an elite Bond informant.
Renny Harlin turned down GoldenEye

Finnish Hollywood director Renny Harlin turned down the chance to direct GoldenEye;

"I was offered "GoldenEye" and I was like, 'somebody wants to see another James Bond movie?' I had done enough sequels." (Harlin is referencing his prior movies 'A Nightmare on Elm Street 4' and 'Die Hard 2'.)

"Actually, to be honest, what happened at that point was I was interested in doing the Bond movie, but there was an actor in it that I didn't believe in. And I'm not going to say that his name is Timothy Dalton. I just didn't think that he made a good Bond."

To this I just want to add; Renny Harlin is not a Bond director I believe in!
pegsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 13th, 2012, 12:22 AM   #2
JAMESHOT
Knighted 00 Agent

Gameroom Cash: $179755
JAMESHOT is an elite Bond informant.JAMESHOT is an elite Bond informant.JAMESHOT is an elite Bond informant.JAMESHOT is an elite Bond informant.JAMESHOT is an elite Bond informant.JAMESHOT is an elite Bond informant.JAMESHOT is an elite Bond informant.JAMESHOT is an elite Bond informant.JAMESHOT is an elite Bond informant.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pegsman View Post
Finnish Hollywood director Renny Harlin turned down the chance to direct GoldenEye;

"I was offered "GoldenEye" and I was like, 'somebody wants to see another James Bond movie?' I had done enough sequels." (Harlin is referencing his prior movies 'A Nightmare on Elm Street 4' and 'Die Hard 2'.)

"Actually, to be honest, what happened at that point was I was interested in doing the Bond movie, but there was an actor in it that I didn't believe in. And I'm not going to say that his name is Timothy Dalton. I just didn't think that he made a good Bond."

To this I just want to add; Renny Harlin is not a Bond director I believe in!
Anyone who dogs out Dalton should never of been even considered to be a Bond director anyway ,Throw him and Marc Forster in the dumpster... He came here a couple of years ago and directed the Movie 12 ROUNDS what a flop that was..