Contact | Message Board | Bond Store | Site Map | Search

Welcome to the BondMovies.com Message Board!

You are currently viewing the board as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Go Back   BondMovies.com Message Board > Bond Discussions > Music Discussion > Music Discussion Polls
Register FAQ Members List CalendarGameroom Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Want to get rid of the ads? Register for free!

Best Title Song Tournament

View Poll Results: Which Bond song is the best out of these?
Nobody Does It Better 5 35.71%
Thunderball 0 0%
On Her Majesty's Secret Service 3 21.43%
The Living Daylights 2 14.29%
Golden Eye 4 28.57%
Voters: 14. You may not vote on this poll

Old Apr 8th, 2004, 01:33 PM   #1
Licence To Kill
Spy

Gameroom Cash: $250
Licence To Kill has no reputation.
Thumbs up Best Title Song Tournament

It's been a long time since we have had any tournaments on the Bond title songs so I'm starting one. You will select your favorite Bond song from each pair and then those songs will go on to the next round.

Dr. No vs Thunderball

From Russia With Love vs You Only Live Twice

Goldfinger vs OHMSS

Diamonds Are Forever vs Nobody Does It Better

Live & Let Die vs Moonraker

The Man With The Golden Gun vs For Your Eyes Only

All Time High vs The Living Daylights

A View To A Kill vs Licence To Kill

Golden Eye vs Die Another Day

Tomorrow Never Dies vs The World Is Not Enough

Last edited by Licence To Kill : Apr 9th, 2004 at 08:01 PM.
Licence To Kill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 8th, 2004, 04:06 PM   #2
The6thBond

Gameroom Cash: $350
The6thBond is an elite Bond informant.The6thBond is an elite Bond informant.The6thBond is an elite Bond informant.The6thBond is an elite Bond informant.The6thBond is an elite Bond informant.
Well I believe we have had numerous tournaments with the songs, it just has been a long time. This can be an update I suppose. For Dr. No I suppose you mean the main theme. I underlined each of my choices...

Dr. No vs Thunderball
Goldfinger vs OHMSS
Golden Eye vs Die Another Day
Old Apr 9th, 2004, 09:10 PM   #3
Jack Wade
Go Bucks!

Gameroom Cash: $255
Jack Wade is an elite Bond informant.Jack Wade is an elite Bond informant.Jack Wade is an elite Bond informant.Jack Wade is an elite Bond informant.Jack Wade is an elite Bond informant.Jack Wade is an elite Bond informant.
I don't understand how you came up with the pairings or why some are in the poll at the top while you gave a list of match-ups to vote on.

The Bond Movie Tournament
The 2006 Tournament is underway!
Jack Wade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 9th, 2004, 09:48 PM   #4
Licence To Kill
Spy

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Wade
I don't understand how you came up with the pairings or why some are in the poll at the top while you gave a list of match-ups to vote on.
Well pardonez-mois Jack Wade. I am having the poll for a reason. These are the songs that most people seem to like so people are voting for those. It's a survey thing.

The pairings work like this:
Dr. No was released in 1962 so I skip three to four years ahead and I get Thunderball. Then From Russia With Love comes and I skip four years and get YOLT. Got it? If not, send me a private message and I'll explain more clearly.

Believe me, it took me ten minutes just to figure out the first pair. So vote. Voting will close on Saturday at midnight depending on your time zone. Newfoundland voting ends at 11:30 PM. Oh and Jack Wade, I've tried voting more than once in the movies tournament by using different computers and accounts.
Old Apr 10th, 2004, 12:28 AM   #5
Perminisconious
009-JB of another kind

Location: California, USA (Completely different from California, Canada)
Gameroom Cash: $3385
Perminisconious is an elite Bond informant.Perminisconious is an elite Bond informant.Perminisconious is an elite Bond informant.Perminisconious is an elite Bond informant.Perminisconious is an elite Bond informant.Perminisconious is an elite Bond informant.Perminisconious is an elite Bond informant.Perminisconious is an elite Bond informant.Perminisconious is an elite Bond informant.Perminisconious is an elite Bond informant.Perminisconious is an elite Bond informant.Perminisconious is an elite Bond informant.Perminisconious is an elite Bond informant.Perminisconious is an elite Bond informant.Perminisconious is an elite Bond informant.
I'm confused, since the poll at the top doesn't really seem to match the poll in the posts.

Perminisconious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 10th, 2004, 10:53 AM   #6
Jack Wade
Go Bucks!

Jack Wade is an elite Bond informant.Jack Wade is an elite Bond informant.Jack Wade is an elite Bond informant.Jack Wade is an elite Bond informant.Jack Wade is an elite Bond informant.Jack Wade is an elite Bond informant.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Licence To Kill
Oh and Jack Wade, I've tried voting more than once in the movies tournament by using different computers and accounts.
Great, does this mean in my tournament as well?

I agree with Perm, the poll doesn't even go with the match-ups. It's confusing.

I didn't know that the TLD theme was that well-liked. I may be wrong, but I really don't desire it at all. Too 80s-ish. I think LALD or maybe even k.d. lang's TND theme deserve a spot over it, but hey, it's your tournament.

Last edited by Jack Wade : Apr 10th, 2004 at 10:56 AM.
Old Apr 11th, 2004, 09:17 PM   #7
Licence To Kill
Spy

Ignore the poll at the top. I meant to put it on a different thread. Just vote for the ones down below and for the next round, the winning songs will compete against songs like KD Lang's Surrender and If You Asked Me To.
Voting ends next week. the next round will start at 5 PM Mountain Daylight Time. 7 PM Eastern, 6 PM Central, 4 PM Pacific for those that don't know their time zones. Those that have voted on the poll can just take a sigh of relief. Just vote for the songs below. Jack Wade, I only voted twice for the TND and LTK part of your tournament. Sorry for the confusion.
Old Apr 11th, 2004, 10:34 PM   #8
Jack Wade
Go Bucks!

Erm, please PM me and tell me how you voted twice. This isn't good...

Old Apr 11th, 2004, 11:26 PM   #9
Perminisconious
009-JB of another kind

Location: California, USA (Completely different from California, Canada)
Gameroom Cash: $3385
Perminisconious is an elite Bond informant.Perminisconious is an elite Bond informant.Perminisconious is an elite Bond informant.Perminisconious is an elite Bond informant.Perminisconious is an elite Bond informant.Perminisconious is an elite Bond informant.Perminisconious is an elite Bond informant.Perminisconious is an elite Bond informant.Perminisconious is an elite Bond informant.Perminisconious is an elite Bond informant.Perminisconious is an elite Bond informant.Perminisconious is an elite Bond informant.Perminisconious is an elite Bond informant.Perminisconious is an elite Bond informant.Perminisconious is an elite Bond informant.
Dr. No (As long as we're speaking of the Bond theme here)
You Only Live Twice
OHMSS
Nobody Does It Better
Live & Let Die
For Your Eyes Only
The Living Daylights
A View To A Kill
Die Another Day
The World Is Not Enough

There are my votes.

Perminisconious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 12th, 2004, 12:06 AM   #10
Jack Wade
Go Bucks!

Thunderball (I almost took Dr. No because of "Jump Up")
You Only Live Twice (Nancy Sinatra)
Goldfinger (No brainer)
Nobody Does It Better (No brainer)
Live & Let Die (Classic)
For Your Eyes Only (Barely gets my vote)
All Time High (Amazing song, TLD just sucked)
Licence To Kill (AVTAK was 80s garbage)
Golden Eye (NO BRAINER)
Tomorrow Never Dies (Call me crazy...)

Last edited by Jack Wade : Apr 12th, 2004 at 12:08 AM.
Old Apr 14th, 2004, 09:35 PM   #11
Spanner

Gameroom Cash: $5030
Spanner is an elite Bond informant.Spanner is an elite Bond informant.Spanner is an elite Bond informant.Spanner is an elite Bond informant.Spanner is an elite Bond informant.Spanner is an elite Bond informant.Spanner is an elite Bond informant.Spanner is an elite Bond informant.Spanner is an elite Bond informant.Spanner is an elite Bond informant.Spanner is an elite Bond informant.
Dr. No vs Thunderball
Goldfinger vs OHMSS
GoldenEye vs Die Another Day

A bit of explanation...

DN---The Bond theme is a piece of musical magic. TB's theme is okay but nothing special.
YOLT---I didn't like either of these themes too much, despite the films having otherwise brilliant soundtracks. YOLT is better still.
OHMSS--- On a par with the Bond theme is the instrumental OHMSS
DAF---Too close to call almost, two of the sexiest title songs but Bassey gets up by the skin of her teeth.
LALD---The best lyricised Bond theme. It's simply awesome.
TMWTGG---Didn't like these two too much either but TMWTGG is just throw style out the window fun, much like the movie.
TLD---Best theme song of the 80s, a great example of 80s rock over mellow 80s pop ballad.
LTK---Not great but I can't stand the Duran Duran AVTAK theme.
GE---Great ball-buster from Tina Turner beats Madonna and her computer (or am I giving Madonna too much credit) any day of the week.
TWINE---TND had not one but two good themes but the main theme was the weaker of the two. TWINE's theme on the other hand is in my opinion the pick of the post-Moore themes, with the sexiness of Shirley Bassey and Carly Simon's DAF and TSWLM songs exuded here in droves.
Old Apr 16th, 2004, 01:29 AM   #12
Notorious ET
Uncle Stromberg

Notorious ET has no reputation.
Can I vote for the Guns and Roses remake of Live and Let Die?
It blows McCartney's version away.

Because the French wouldn't know what the hell a Quarter-Pounder is!
Notorious ET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 16th, 2004, 07:55 AM   #13
Spanner

Gameroom Cash: $5030
Spanner is an elite Bond informant.Spanner is an elite Bond informant.Spanner is an elite Bond informant.Spanner is an elite Bond informant.Spanner is an elite Bond informant.Spanner is an elite Bond informant.Spanner is an elite Bond informant.Spanner is an elite Bond informant.Spanner is an elite Bond informant.Spanner is an elite Bond informant.Spanner is an elite Bond informant.
Sorry, I can't stand the G&R remake. The original is so much better, unlike Coldplay and Nancy Sinatra's respective takes on YOLT.
Old Dec 11th, 2009, 01:39 AM   #14
RussellPan
Secret Agent

Gameroom Cash: $10965
RussellPan has no reputation.
No G&R can really make the remix something chartbusters, so we can try out with it.
Old Jul 8th, 2010, 01:25 AM   #15
JAMESHOT
Knighted 00 Agent

Gameroom Cash: $179565
JAMESHOT is an elite Bond informant.JAMESHOT is an elite Bond informant.JAMESHOT is an elite Bond informant.JAMESHOT is an elite Bond informant.JAMESHOT is an elite Bond informant.JAMESHOT is an elite Bond informant.JAMESHOT is an elite Bond informant.JAMESHOT is an elite Bond informant.JAMESHOT is an elite Bond informant.
C.Simon