Contact | Message Board | Bond Store | Site Map | Search

Welcome to the BondMovies.com Message Board!

You are currently viewing the board as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Go Back   BondMovies.com Message Board > Reports & Rumors > Current News
Register FAQ Members List CalendarGameroom Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Want to get rid of the ads? Register for free!

Clive Robertson *must* play Bond. Eon must see sense and hire him.

Old Sep 18th, 2004, 09:54 PM   #1
Jojo Bond
Rookie 00 Agent

Gameroom Cash: $250
Jojo Bond is an elite Bond informant.Jojo Bond is an elite Bond informant.Jojo Bond is an elite Bond informant.Jojo Bond is an elite Bond informant.
Clive Robertson *must* play Bond. Eon must see sense and hire him.

If people saw English actor Clive Robertson as Ben Evans in the cheesy soap Sunset Beach, this hunt for the new Bond actor would be over. Everything about Robertson says Bond - his look, his acting, his presence.

He has *real* charm and toughness. It comes natural to him. He'd make a great Bond. No other British actors come close to Robertson as a potential Bond -it really is that clear-cut in my opinion. Robertson is in a different league to Purefoy, Owen, Jackman, Law and all the rest when it comes to Bond.

Just look at these photos of him. The ones of him in the white suit were from last year. He looks like James Bond.

He's the one fourth from the left:

http://www.susan-ward.net/images/crp...ssworld013.jpg

http://www.susan-ward.net/images/crp...ssworld016.jpg

http://www.susan-ward.net/images/crp...ssworld017.jpg

http://www.susan-ward.net/images/crp...ssworld018.jpg

http://www.susan-ward.net/images/ben...lowblue002.jpg

http://www.susan-ward.net/images/crmags/marina2-001.jpg

But it's not just his looks, he can act the part too. Photos alone cannot do this guy justice. It's the Bond-type quality he has when he acts that's convinced me he's perfect for Bond. He's just got that indefinable Bond vibe to his character. The charm, the confidence, the ideal English accent, and that hint of danger. He has it in spades. You know when people saw Brosnan in Remington Steele they knew he was the right guy to play Bond? Well, it's the same with Robertson. As soon as you see him on screen you'll say this guy should play Bond.

The hunt for the new Bond can be over. It's up to Eon to hire him. I hope and pray they make the right choice for I am prepared to stand by this and state there is no other English actor *in the world* who is more suited to play Bond than this guy. He really has incredible potential if given a decent Bond 21 screenplay to work from.

Eon must hire him or the franchise won't have a convincing actor as Bond. I pray someone from Eon reads this and screentests him in the next few months. I fear without Robertson the franchise is doomed to have a Bond who doesn't even look the part, let alone can act it.

Jojo

Last edited by Jojo Bond : Sep 18th, 2004 at 10:09 PM.
Jojo Bond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 19th, 2004, 01:50 AM   #2
Perminisconious
009-JB of another kind

Location: California, USA (Completely different from California, Canada)
Gameroom Cash: $3385
Perminisconious is an elite Bond informant.Perminisconious is an elite Bond informant.Perminisconious is an elite Bond informant.Perminisconious is an elite Bond informant.Perminisconious is an elite Bond informant.Perminisconious is an elite Bond informant.Perminisconious is an elite Bond informant.Perminisconious is an elite Bond informant.Perminisconious is an elite Bond informant.Perminisconious is an elite Bond informant.Perminisconious is an elite Bond informant.Perminisconious is an elite Bond informant.Perminisconious is an elite Bond informant.Perminisconious is an elite Bond informant.Perminisconious is an elite Bond informant.
It just seems to me that he has a bit of an oversized head.

Perminisconious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 19th, 2004, 06:11 AM   #3
Spanner

Gameroom Cash: $5030
Spanner is an elite Bond informant.Spanner is an elite Bond informant.Spanner is an elite Bond informant.Spanner is an elite Bond informant.Spanner is an elite Bond informant.Spanner is an elite Bond informant.Spanner is an elite Bond informant.Spanner is an elite Bond informant.Spanner is an elite Bond informant.Spanner is an elite Bond informant.Spanner is an elite Bond informant.
He doesn't look too bad. But the problem is I see the word "soap" and I see a type of actor. I hope he's not that.
Old Sep 19th, 2004, 08:59 AM   #4
Jojo Bond
Rookie 00 Agent

Jojo Bond is an elite Bond informant.Jojo Bond is an elite Bond informant.Jojo Bond is an elite Bond informant.Jojo Bond is an elite Bond informant.
"He doesn't look too bad. But the problem is I see the word "soap" and I see a type of actor. I hope he's not that."

I understand what you say, Spanner. I can imagine Bond fans saying "yuck, I don't want some soap actor playing Bond." I understand that sort of prejudice, it's natural. I am a big fan of Sunset Beach, and even though the show is terrible (it really is!) you can see Robertson's huge potential. It's like Bond stumbled into some awful soap by mistake. Kinda surreal.

And let's not forget Pierce Brosnan was making mostly made-for-tv films prior to getting Bond. His career was hardly big-time before Bond. And how many people really knew Dalton before Bond? I only knew Dalton from his Flash Gordon film. So it's not unusual for a comparative unknown to play Bond.

I'm convinced had Robertson been cast in a high profile show like Nip/Tuck, The West Wing, Alias etc there would be no debate who should play Bond. It's because he lacks a high profile that he's never been seriously considered. I don't believe it's because he lacks acting talent. I believe he has the acting ability to be a very credible Bond.

It is a shame he has returned to daytime soaps - he has a short contract with General Hospital. People will think he's just another soap actor with limited talent and no star presence - but he's got that. In my humble opinion he *is* the man to play Bond - the real deal. He just hasn't had a big break but now is his chance, provided Eon screentest him. I am 100% certain he can do a convincing screentest. I hope Eon see sense and give him a chance.

Jojo
Old Sep 19th, 2004, 09:02 AM   #5
Jojo Bond
Rookie 00 Agent

" It just seems to me that he has a bit of an oversized head. "

Can't see that myself but everyone is entitled to their opinion.

Jojo
Old Sep 19th, 2004, 12:39 PM   #6
Gale Weathers
The Final Frontier

Gameroom Cash: $25051
Gale Weathers is an elite Bond informant.Gale Weathers is an elite Bond informant.Gale Weathers is an elite Bond informant.Gale Weathers is an elite Bond informant.Gale Weathers is an elite Bond informant.Gale Weathers is an elite Bond informant.Gale Weathers is an elite Bond informant.Gale Weathers is an elite Bond informant.Gale Weathers is an elite Bond informant.Gale Weathers is an elite Bond informant.Gale Weathers is an elite Bond informant.Gale Weathers is an elite Bond informant.Gale Weathers is an elite Bond informant.Gale Weathers is an elite Bond informant.Gale Weathers is an elite Bond informant.Gale Weathers is an elite Bond informant.Gale Weathers is an elite Bond informant.Gale Weathers is an elite Bond informant.
Well, appearence is only 30% of what makes up the character. Does he have the other 70% of what he should have? (skills at acting and action acting)

~Diamonds Are Forever

Themed Avatars and Signatures! Come be a part of it. http://www.bondmovies.com/board/showthread.php?t=37139
Gale Weathers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 20th, 2004, 10:06 AM   #7
George Lazenby
ONCE WAS NOT ENOUGH

Gameroom Cash: $515
George Lazenby is an elite Bond informant.George Lazenby is an elite Bond informant.George Lazenby is an elite Bond informant.George Lazenby is an elite Bond informant.George Lazenby is an elite Bond informant.George Lazenby is an elite Bond informant.George Lazenby is an elite Bond informant.
Ok this HAS to be said if the point is to cast Bond based on who looks like Bond. There are people who think a certain someone does not look like Bond, but guess what?

If you polled 500 people and showed them photos of every person ever mentioned for the next Bond 490 would pick Adrian Paul.

If we are going to talk about the next Bond based soley on looks like a Bond then it's Paul.

George Lazenby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 20th, 2004, 05:00 PM   #8
Jojo Bond
Rookie 00 Agent

Quote:
If you polled 500 people and showed them photos of every person ever mentioned for the next Bond 490 would pick Adrian Paul.
Then I guess I'd be one of the other ten!

Jojo
Old Sep 20th, 2004, 08:23 PM   #9
Perminisconious
009-JB of another kind

Location: California, USA (Completely different from California, Canada)
Gameroom Cash: $3385
Perminisconious is an elite Bond informant.Perminisconious is an elite Bond informant.Perminisconious is an elite Bond informant.Perminisconious is an elite Bond informant.Perminisconious is an elite Bond informant.Perminisconious is an elite Bond informant.Perminisconious is an elite Bond informant.Perminisconious is an elite Bond informant.Perminisconious is an elite Bond informant.Perminisconious is an elite Bond informant.Perminisconious is an elite Bond informant.Perminisconious is an elite Bond informant.Perminisconious is an elite Bond informant.Perminisconious is an elite Bond informant.Perminisconious is an elite Bond informant.
I think I might fall in that other 10 as well.

Perminisconious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 20th, 2004, 08:44 PM   #10
Spanner

Gameroom Cash: $5030
Spanner is an elite Bond informant.Spanner is an elite Bond informant.Spanner is an elite Bond informant.Spanner is an elite Bond informant.Spanner is an elite Bond informant.Spanner is an elite Bond informant.Spanner is an elite Bond informant.Spanner is an elite Bond informant.Spanner is an elite Bond informant.Spanner is an elite Bond informant.Spanner is an elite Bond informant.
Me too. Funny how all ten of us seem to be here.