James Bond is thrust into one of his most amazing adventures in this relentless juggernaut of danger, passion and non-stop excitement. Sean Connery portrays Agent 007 with the class and sex appeal befitting film history’s original action hero.
After a mysterious rocketship seizes manned space missions from Earth’s orbit, suspicions mount and the world superpowers are hurled to the brink of war. Their only hope rests with James Bond, who races to stop the space-jackings’ true mastermind, Ernst Blofeld (Donald Pleasence). Chief of the evil SPECTRE organization, Blofeld is bent on instigating global warfare from his massive headquarters nestled in an inactive volcano. As the countdown begins, Bond joins forces with the luscious Japanese agent Kissy Suzuki (Mie Hama) and scores of Ninja warriors to mount a daring raid on Blofeld’s lair and prevent a calamitous world war.
With dazzling high-tech gadgetry that includes Bond’s lethal mini-copter (equipped with flame throwers and air-to-air missiles), You Only Live Twice is a magnificent, pull-out-the-stops movie spectacular.
Latest BM You Only Live Twice Posts
- Just an awesomely descriptive setting subtitle
- “You Only Live Twice”…yeah right – tell that to this guy!
- Request permission to come aboard, sir.
- Welcome to Tokyo, Mr. Bond
- Rated: PG
- Number in Series: 5
- Running Time: 112 minutes
- Budget: $9.5 million
- UK Premiere: June 12, 1967
- US Premiere: June 13, 1967
- James Bond: Sean Connery
- Moneypenny: Lois Maxwell
- M: Bernard Lee
- Q: Desmond Llewelyn
- Bond Girl (Kissy Suzuki): Mie Hama
- Bond Girl (Aki): Akiko Wakabayashi
- Villain (Ernst Blofeld): Donald Pleasance
- Henchman (Mr. Osato): Teru Shimada
- Alternate Titles
- Box Office Returns
- Sound Clips
- Movie Stills