From “shocking” prologue to exhilarating mid-air climax, Goldfinger is a lightning-paced James Bond adventure that pits 007 against one of his most formidable opponents. Sean Connery is Agent 007 in this fourteen-karat thriller brimming with non-stop action, humor and almost unbearable excitement.
The powerful tycoon Auric Goldfinger (Gert Frobe) has initiated “Operation Grand Slam,” a cataclysmic scheme to raid Fort Knox and obliterate the world economy. James Bond, armed with his specially equipped Aston Martin (its accessory package includes built-in machine guns, a smoke screen and an ejector seat), must stop the plan by overcoming several outrageous adversaries. First there’s Oddjob (Harold Sakata), the mute servant who kills at the toss of a lethal hat; next, the beautiful Jill Masterson (Shirley Eaton), who gives new meaning to the phrase “golden girl;” and finally, sexy pilot Pussy Galore (Honor Blackman), whose romantic feelings for Bond complicate her involvement in Goldfinger’s high-flying scheme.
With style, wit and wildly imaginative stunt sequences, this adrenaline-charged adventure ranks as one of the all-time great action films. It’s an electrifying thrill ride that will captivate viewers from beginning to end.
Latest BM Goldfinger Posts
- It’s good! Congrats to the Super Bowl LII Champion Philadelphia Eagles!
- Tilly’s Whiplash
- James Bond’s Goldfinger Road Trip
- Revolving number plates, naturally
- Goldfinger GPS
- Rated: PG
- Number in Series: 3
- Running Time: 105 minutes
- Budget: $3.5 million
- UK Premiere: September 17, 1964
- US Premiere: December 22, 1964
- James Bond: Sean Connery
- Moneypenny: Lois Maxwell
- M: Bernard Lee
- Q: Desmond Llewelyn
- Bond Girl (Pussy Galore): Honor Blackman
- Bond Girl (Jill Masterson): Shirley Eaton
- Villain (Auric Goldfinger): Gert Frobe
- Henchman (Oddjob): Harold Sakata
- Alternate Titles
- Box Office Returns
- Sound Clips
- Movie Stills